Top 5 Ways to Stop Procrastinating 2018

Best Way to Stop ProcrastinatingHere’s an interesting tidbit of knowledge I’ve discovered that may help you to stop procrastinating. The famous Sir Isaac Newton formulated the laws of motion in which he said, “An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion.”

Best Way to Stop Procrastinating 2018

Stop Procrastinating

  1. Here’s what I’ve discovered in my own life: If I consider myself to be the “object” in Isaac Newton’s law of motion, I can say it’s true that while sitting on the couch watching Star Trek, I find I really don’t feel like getting up to go do that task I know I should do. However, once that “object” (me) gets in motion, I stay in motion.
  2. In other words, the feeling of procrastination lasts only as long as I continue to remain at rest on the couch. Once I begin working on the task or project I know needs to be done, I quickly discover that I then “feel like” working on it.
  3. While this knowledge leaves one still needing to overcome procrastination, you can take comfort in knowing that once you actually get up and get to work, the feeling of procrastination will disappear and you’ll then be engaged in your work and will be willing to continue working.
  4. However, I want to point out that there’s a difference between procrastination and being tired. If it’s 11:00pm at night and I should have been in bed an hour ago, I’m not able to suddenly feel motivated after starting a new project. But if it’s an hour of the day that I’m normally awake and I’ve had enough sleep the previous two nights, then I find that Isaac Newton’s law of motion applies to me and my procrastination.
  5. An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion. Just get started, and then you’ll feel like continuing.
While he was referring, of course, to inanimate objects, I believe there’s a strong correlation to people as well. And to the person who’s trying to stop procrastinating, this is good news Read also : Valentines Day Images.